Chennai is braving a storm right now and we salute the spirit of everyone who is doing their bit to rescue people out there! The gravity of the situation can be understood by some of these glaring examples:
- All flights to & fro Chennai have been suspended
- The Hindu, a massive print publication, has for the first time not published an issue today, since 1878.
Amidst these unfortunate floods, we know how staying connected with your friends/family becomes priority. One helping hand can make a difference. This is a little something from us to you, Chennai:
If you would like to recharge anyone’s mobile number so that they can remain connected during this tough time, please call us at 18001030033 and share the mobile number. More details CLICK HERE
We will recharge it with Rs.30 worth of talk-time, free of cost.
Those who wish to extend support independently on social media, please use the following hashtags on twitter: #ChennaiFloods and / or #ChennaiRains.
1. This is only applicable for Chennai numbers;
2. Can be availed only once per number;
3. Due to overwhelming response, we will need 2 hours to process the request;
4. Certain mobile operators are unstable, which is beyond our control.
You could also check out this link to know full details about emergency contacts & rescue initiatives being done in the region.