We all know linking Aadhaar card number with your mobile SIM number has been made compulsory and the last date for it is March 31st 2018, you shouldn't worry if you haven't done it so and also don not wait for it till the end date.
Also starting from today you do not need to visit the retail mobile store of your service provider in order to do so. The whole process of linking 12-digit Unique Identity Number or UID with the mobile SIM has been made very simpler by the government. Department of Telecom has introduced 3 newer methods to link the registered mobile number with Aadhaar car number they are:
1) OTP based
2) Spp-based &
3) IVRS facility
Subscribers can now verify their mobile numbers from anywhere in the country irrespective of which service area their mobile connection belongs to.
For senior citizens and disabled are concern, telecom operators are directed to offer verification facility to subscribers at their doorsteps for the convenience . They are further directed to build an online mechanism which can be through the website or any other means to request such service.
Now here is the process of linking Aadhaar and mobile number using a one-time password
- You need to message Aadhaar number from their registered mobile numbers at a number provided by their service providers. (Stay tuned we will post this number for all major providers like Jio, Airtel, Vodafone and more soon)
- The service providers will then do a demographic verification of the number.
- After the verification process, the service provider will send OTP request to UIDAI.
- UIDAI will send the OTP on the mobile number
- The user will send this OTP to the registered mobile number
- The e-KYC verification process gets complete with this
Aadhaar based e-KYC is essential for subscribers going for new SIMs. Also the government has asked mobile operators to re-verify existing prepaid and postpaid customers, with the help of the 12-digit unique identity number. The re-verification exercise is scheduled to be completed by March 31st 2018. So hope this helped you