What does it take to Rule The Net? Share your answers with #RuleTheNet & TabA to win a Galaxy Tab A. Follow us on Twitter http://spr.ly/6185BBwIf to participate. Contest Starts now @SamsungMobileIN!! Hurry & share your entries!!
The Contest is valid for Indian Citizens who have attained the age of 18 years or above, except employees and family members of Samsung and its affiliate / associate / subsidiary companies and their suppliers, advertising agencies and event management companies (“Participant(s)”). Entries by person below age of 18 years shall be disqualified.
2. The Contest invites the Participants to share their tweets on the theme of #RuleTheNet on Samsung Mobile’s official Twitter handle SamsungMobileIN during the Contest Day.
3. Participants will have to submit their entries during the Contest Day and can also get re-tweets on their entries. Below chart shows the details for submission and winner selection dates:
4. The Participant can share as many tweets as they want during the Contest Day.
5. To consider each entry as a ‘valid’ entry in the Contest, participants must use both these hashtags with their tweet. #RuleTheNet and #TabA
6. Participation in the Contest implies that Participants agree to all Terms & Conditions of the Contest. Anybody found using any unfair means will be immediately disqualified.
7. The participation in the Contest is voluntary. Participation in this Contest constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions. By participating in this Contest, Participant agrees to receive communication(s) from Samsung and/or its event management company relating to the Contest and Participant unconditionally agrees not to make any claim or raise any complaint against Samsung and/or its officers, directors, employees, subsidiary or any authorized third party agency in this respect.
8. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or any other social media platform. The Participant will be providing their information to Samsung and not to social media channels. By participating in the Contest, the Participant hereby consents to the accessing of information of the user on social media platforms of Samsung India or anywhere else by Samsung and/or authorized third party agency for the purpose of this Contest.
9. Further, Samsung shall be at liberty to use the entries received for its media coverage, advertisement or publicity in any form which is existing today or will be known anytime in the future without any further consideration to the Participants including promotion of any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by it;
10. Participant agrees that all/any tweet appearing in with regard to the Contest, are their responsibility.
11. By participating in the Contest, it would be deemed that the Participants have given permission to Samsung to contact them through call, SMS or email for the purpose of announcing them as winners and collect their contact details.
12. The participation in the Contest is voluntary. Participation in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. By availing this Contest, Participant(s) agrees to receive communication(s) from Samsung and/or its event management company relating to the Contest and Participant(s) unconditionally agrees not to make any claim or raise any complaint against Samsung and/or the event management company in this respect.
13. Participant agrees that all/any pictures appearing in Offer are fictitious and any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Pictures and images shown in the promotional material for the Offer or on the website are visual representations and the actual prize, and their colors, model numbers and/or features may differ.
14. No other offers can be clubbed with this Offer
II. Prizes and Selection of Winners:
- There shall be a total of 6 winners who shall be selected by Samsung or its authorized third party agency basis the number of tweets by the Participants and the decision of Samsung shall be final and binding.
- The winners shall be announced by Samsung or its authorized third party agency on 30th June 2015. The results shall be uploaded on Samsung’s social media platforms i.e. Samsung India Facebook and Samsung India Twitter Pages. The winners shall also be informed through an email.
- Each winner shall be eligible to receive a “Tab A” (hereinafter called as “Prize”) from Samsung on submission of the relevant information detailed in below mentioned clauses.
4. Winners would be selected by a panel of judges of Samsung or its authorized third party agency and thier decision shall be final and binding.
5. The Winners will have to send a copy of PAN Card (Self attested), Photo ID Proof i.e. copy of driving license or Passport or Voter ID Card or Ration Card (Self attested), Address proof: Driving license / Passport / Voter ID Card /Electricity Bill (shouldn’t be more than 6 months old) (Self attested) in the manner and within such time period as provided in the email which shall be sent to the him/her informing about the results.
6. Upon receipt of the documents and after verification of the information provided by the Winners, Samsung shall dispatch the Prize to the Winners through courier at the address which is mentioned on the address proof submitted by the Winner. The Winners shall be sent emails informing them of the POD number / Airway Bill Number (AWB) for the courier enabling them to track the status of their Prize.
7. In the event Winners are unreachable, ineligible, or fails to claim the Prize within the stipulated time, the Prize shall stand forfeited.
8. The Winner declared by Samsung will be given only one (1) Prize during the Contest Day.
The Prizes shall be on “AS IS” basis and Samsung shall not be responsible for the same and no disputes shall be entertained in this regard. Further Samsung reserves its right to change the Prize with some other Product of equivalent value.
9. All Winners are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility through checks as deemed appropriate by Samsung and complete compliance with these terms and conditions. Samsung reserves the right to verify the Winner’s details either on its own or through its authorized agency / person and the Winner shall provide all necessary assistance in such verification. In exercising this right, Samsung may ask the Winner to provide any documentary or other form of evidence, and if evidence does not establish the same then Samsung, in its sole discretion, will have the right to disqualify the Winner.
10. The Prize cannot be exchanged with any product or item, is non transferable and cannot be en-cashed under any circumstances. Accessories, if any shown with the Prize shall not form part of the Prize to be provided to the Winner. No other offers/contests can be clubbed with this Contest.
11. Samsung reserves the right to substitute the Prizes under this Contest with Prizes of equivalent value, at its sole discretion. Contest shall be void, if prohibited by law. In such case, Samsung shall not be liable to provide any gift(s)/ Prize(s) or compensation to the Winner on any account.
12. Where the prize value exceeds exemption limit under Income Tax Act, 1961 (Currently it is Rs. 10,000), winners shall bear all applicable taxes including but not limited to income (withholding) tax and any other statutory levy as may be applicable from time to time in relation to the Prize. The Winners are solely responsible for any other expense related to the acceptance of Prizes and Samsung or its associate companies shall not in any manner be liable or responsible for the same.
III. Representation and Warranties by Participant:
1. Participant represents and warrants that he/she is legally competent to enter into binding contracts under applicable laws. By taking part and/ or entering into the Contest the Participant warrants that all information provided by the Participant regarding its name, age, state, city, address, phone number, etc., is true, correct, accurate and complete and that the Participant is authorized to provide such information and consents to the use of such information by Samsung and/or its event management company.
2. Participant represents and warrants that the entries shall not (i) violate the rights of any party including but not limited to the intellectual property rights; or (ii) contain anything which, if published, would adversely affect the reputation of Samsung.
3. Participant agrees not to post entries which: (a) are harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, blasphemous, objectionable, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, pedophilic, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; (b) cause annoyance or inconvenience or deceive or mislead the Customer about the origin of such Content which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature; (c) belong to another person or entity (d) are adverse, offensive / derogatory reference to Corporations or Brands; (e) are adverse, offensive / derogatory reference to any personality, living or dead; (f) be adverse, offensive / derogatory reference to communities, living or extinct (g) be/have adverse, offensive / derogatory reference to any city, building, geographical feature, etc. that can be singularly / uniquely identified in the world (h) have adverse, offensive / derogatory reference to any gender (i) have adverse, offensive / derogatory reference to animals; (j) have adverse, offensive / derogatory reference to physical / racial attributes; (k) be lascivious or appeals to the prurient interest or the effect whereof is such as to tend to deprave or corrupt any person; (l) whose presentation, dissemination or disclosure whereof, infringes any patent, trademark or any intellectual property right or confidentiality obligation; (m) be declared by Samsung acting in its sole discretion, to be opposed to standards of morality or decency, or to be opposed to public policy or to Samsung’s internal code of conduct or other policies/guidelines adopted by Samsung. (n) shall be adverse, offensive / derogatory reference to any other companies, organizations, religious associations, political parties, governments (state and central), anyone’s private life, any other commercial and non-commercial entities; (o) shall be such which could give ground for action for defamation or misrepresentation or breach of confidence or breach of copyright or is otherwise offensive to the public; (p) such that communicates words, which incite terrorism, the misuse of weapon, or encourage or incite a person to commit criminal offence; (q) is such that suggest or encourage or incite any person to use harmful substance or engage to dangerous practices; (r) is such whose purpose either directly or indirectly is to promote the sales of goods or services shall bear an identification stating that the message or program is an advertisement and the content of the message or program is an advertisement.
4. Participant agrees that he/she will follow the guidelines available at or in any manner associated with twitter terms https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules.
5. Participant agrees that Samsung shall have sole rights to information posted by Participant as regards the Contest.
6. Participant agrees and consents that any and all information submitted by the Participant including but not limited to the submissions and personal information of the Participants may be required to be shared with other third parties engaged by Samsung, for the purposes of verifying and/or audit the authenticity of the entries received from the Participants. Further, the Participant hereby understands that such third parties may be located outside the jurisdiction of India and notwithstanding anything, each Participant consents to transfer of information (including any personal information) to any such locations.
7. Participant gives Samsung the right to publish and broadcast anywhere in the world, for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes and in any media, Participant’s and/or Winner’s name, image, likeness and/or photograph (except where prohibited by law) without any further permission or consent or consideration in any form, including but not limited to, royalty.
8. Twitter use may be limited or restricted by applicable law of the concerned country where entrants reside. Therefore, Participants are obligated to supply correct country of their residence matching with current residence.
9. Participant agrees that Samsung shall not be liable for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize (except any liability which may not be excluded under applicable law). The Prize shall be on “AS IS “ basis.
10. Participant hereby agrees to indemnify and keep Samsung, its associated companies, its event management company and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents, indemnified against any and all losses, claims (including but not limited to third party claims), injuries, costs, fees, fines, penalties, taxes, charges and any other liability arising out of any act of omission, commission, fraud, negligence or misconduct by the Participant.
1. Samsung shall not be responsible for system outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted transmissions or other technological difficulties or any other force majeure event that may prevent a Participant from participating in the Contest. Further, Samsung will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive submissions due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or entries or Prizes; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest or (f) any delay, damage, non receipt, lost, misrouted Prizes.
2. Samsung shall not be liable for delay in delivery of Prizes due to non-availability of stocks or for any other reason beyond its control.
3. Samsung shall not be responsible for the slow internet connection or stoppage of bytes during the log-in session. It is the Participant´s sole discretion to use dial-up or broadband connection.
4. Samsung has the right to cancel entries with incomplete information or illegal contents (statements of a racist, sexist or defamatory nature) or statements glorifying violence which could be construed as deriding or insulting or similarly offending specific individuals or groups.
5. Samsung shall not be liable for any loss or damage due to Act of God, Governmental actions, other force majeure circumstances and shall not be liable to pay any amount as compensation or otherwise for any such loss.
6. Samsung reserves the absolute right to amend the terms and conditions of the Contest or extend the Contest Day or cancel or discontinue the Contest or any part thereof without giving any reasons or prior notice.
7. Contest shall be void in any state where prohibited by law. In such case, Samsung shall not be liable to provide any free cash-back, gift(s) or compensation to the Participant on any account.
8. Failure by Samsung to enforce any of its right at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. Samsung accepts no responsibility of licensing and copyright issues of the uploaded and/or edited images. Should the Participant have questions about licensing issues and copyright, Participant must contact their appropriate local legal services forum for advice. Any postings of pictures by Participant, will be presumed by Samsung as consented by Participant or subject to fulfillment of any IPR related formalities by such Participant. Samsung shall always trust the same in good faith, unless any claim is made by any third party, for which the Participant hereby indemnifies Samsung India for all claims, costs, damages, risks and expenses.
10. In no event shall Samsung be liable for losses or any incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the Contest, its services or this agreement (however arising, including negligence). Samsung shall not be responsible for any product or service liability of any kind.
11. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency regarding any instructions, rules and conditions on any advertising or promotional material relating to the Contest, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail over all such other instructions, rules and conditions.
V. Intellectual Property Rights
All rights, title and interest including but not limited to the Intellectual Property Rights in the promotional material(s) and any/all registrations received shall vest solely and exclusively with Samsung at all times and Samsung shall be entitled to use the database of the entries received or any information in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purpose without any further reference or payment or compensation to Participant. Participant shall be solely responsible for any consequences which may arise due to any kind of infringement of copyrights or any kind of intellectual property rights belonging to any other person/ entity etc. and also undertake to indemnify Samsung and its officers, directors, employees etc on the happening of such an event (including without limitation cost of attorney, legal charges etc.) on full indemnity basis.
VI. Jurisdiction: Decision of Samsung in relation to the Contest and matter incidental thereto shall be final and binding on the customer. All disputes shall be governed by the laws of India. These terms and conditions shall be governed by exclusive laws of India and the courts located at New Delhi shall have the exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all the subject matter with relation to the Contest.
Name of Contest
Last date of entry
Winner Announcement Date
9am to 9 pm
June 26th, 9 pm